5 Reason to Eat TofuJ.R. Greene
Tofu Is Good For You
While I love our Pr Protein by Nirvana Life and if I could, it would be the only thing I would consume! Lol. But You can’t live on protein shakes alone. So, another good source of Plant-Based Protein is Tofu. This is a staple in my kitchen as most of my prep cooking involves tofu.
While a lot of misconceptions are out there on soy and estrogen, the short answer is soy will not produce estrogen in your body as long as you are not deficient in estrogen, here is a post I wrote on this.
So as some of you transition to eating more plants and less animal, I put together my top 5 benefits that come from eating tofu.
- Tofu is free of Cholesterol and Gluten.
- Tofu is a goof source of vitamins and nutrients, including iron, calcium, manganese, selenium, phosphorous, along with copper, zinc and B1.
- Tofu is a good source of protein. Per 100 gram serving of tofu, it contains about 8 grams of protein, with only 4 grams of fat and less then one carbohydrate.
- Tofu keeps you looking younger. Tofu has isoflavones, which is anti-aging antioxidant. Isoflavones help create collagen and tighten your skin.
- Tofu is great for diets. With the low calories per serving, you can eat more without ruining your daily macros, so you will feel fuller.
- Tofu can pretty much take on any taste. While the texture can’t be manipulated too much but since Tofu is super absorbent you can season it and cook it how ever you want to mimic a taste you get from a meat-based protein.
- Tofu is good for a long time. While meat-based proteins tend to go bad and decay in taste after a few days. This does not happen with Tofu. Tofu stays fresh for well over a week.
Looking for more plant-based proteins to try? Curious on transitioning over to a Plant-Based diet? Reach out to me, and I will be glad to have a conversation with you on what has worked for me, and what hasn’t.